Old 05-09-2007, 06:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Snapper Lawn Mower Oil Change

I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

It's usually on the bottom of the engine, in the deck blade area.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 5, 11:21 am, wrote:
dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

It's usually on the bottom of the engine, in the deck blade area.

That is what I have always had on my other mowers. No drain plug on
the bottom, and nothing on the side (like my snow blower)

Old 05-09-2007, 09:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sep 5, 12:06 pm, Abe wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Go tohttp://www.snapper.com/residential.html#

Click on Publications, and fill in the model number. You'll see a
manual with instructions.

Well son of gun! It said to turn the mower upside down and drain
through the fill hole.
Thanks for the web site!

Old 05-09-2007, 11:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Most of the newer B&S engines don't have a drain plug. You have to turn
it over. I think they save about 25 cents by eliminating it.

--
Art

Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Art wrote:
dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Most of the newer B&S engines don't have a drain plug. You have to
turn it over. I think they save about 25 cents by eliminating it.

My new Briggs has a drain plug, and a short drain pipe to boot

Clark

Old 06-09-2007, 12:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
Clark said:

Art wrote:
dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain
plug. How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Most of the newer B&S engines don't have a drain plug. You have to
turn it over. I think they save about 25 cents by eliminating it.

My new Briggs has a drain plug, and a short drain pipe to boot

It used to be a long drain pipe, but was met by a 10" pine twig. =)

I'm laughing my ass off, LOL, oh yea, laugh out loud too.

My new Sig should be "look out for ten inch sticks! they are lawn tractor
killers"
I'll have an update this Friday or Saturday (like anyone cares)

Clark

Old 06-09-2007, 01:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Art wrote:
dave wrote:
I just bought a used snapper with a B&S 6hp motor. I always do my
own oil changes, but for the life of me I can't find the drain plug.
How do I remove old oil? Tip it over?

Most of the newer B&S engines don't have a drain plug. You have to
turn it over. I think they save about 25 cents by eliminating it.

My new Briggs has a drain plug, and a short drain pipe to boot

It used to be a long drain pipe, but was met by a 10" pine twig. =)

--

Eggs

-How to become immortal: Read this signature tomorrow and follow its
advice.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:37 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

jacko wrote:
I care Clark. Your original thread has given me many smiles.

Some of us are laughies some are laughers, we all have our turns.

Clark

"Clark" wrote in message
Eggs Zachtly wrote: