GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   gnats in my basil (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/1647-gnats-my-basil.html)

Eddie G 15-12-2002 04:44 PM

gnats in my basil

Please help me. I have what looks like gnats in my herbs...basil, oregano,
thyme, etc. They are little white things with wings, and occasionally I see
a black one flying around so I think they are baby gnats (the white ones)
since the black ones look like gnats you see in the park.

Since herbs are ingested, how can I safely treat them and still enjoy them?

Thanks,

Eddie G

Die Spammer !!! 17-12-2002 09:11 AM

gnats in my basil

try misting or spraying the plants with a solution of 75% water and 25% dish
soap. Maybe try and spray not directly towards the soil to keep as much soap
from going near the soil and roots. This will drive the buggers away and wont
let them come back.