Old 13-09-2007, 02:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Rust in the lawn

My lawn has a pretty good case of what I believe is called "Rust". This is in
the Seattle WA area. I've been told to just fertilize to keep it growing, but
the problem continues even when I do. Does anyone know of any other ways to
treat for or avoid this problem?

Bob

Old 13-09-2007, 04:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Bob F" wrote:
My lawn has a pretty good case of what I believe is called "Rust". This
is in the Seattle WA area. I've been told to just fertilize to keep it
growing, but the problem continues even when I do. Does anyone know of
any other ways to treat for or avoid this problem?

Bob

A fungicide such as Bayleton will rid you of it. (expensive)
Old 19-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered User

Location: York, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob F View Post
My lawn has a pretty good case of what I believe is called "Rust". This is in
the Seattle WA area. I've been told to just fertilize to keep it growing, but
the problem continues even when I do. Does anyone know of any other ways to
treat for or avoid this problem?

Bob
I had the same problem in my lawn with my lawn just recently as it hadn't been mown for a few weeks. It's fine just now since it's been mown. Rust usually appears around this time of year, but if you look after the lawn by mowing regularly and feeding then you shouldn't need to treat with anything.

There's some information about rust disease here which you might find useful.

HTH

Helen
Old 20-09-2007, 04:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Helen R" wrote in message

Bob F;747382 Wrote:
My lawn has a pretty good case of what I believe is called "Rust". This
is in
the Seattle WA area. I've been told to just fertilize to keep it
growing, but
the problem continues even when I do. Does anyone know of any other
ways to
treat for or avoid this problem?

Bob

I had the same problem in my lawn with my lawn just recently as it
hadn't been mown for a few weeks. It's fine just now since it's been
mown. Rust usually appears around this time of year, but if you look
after the lawn by mowing regularly and feeding then you shouldn't need
to treat with anything.

There's some information about 'rust disease here'
(http://tinyurl.com/23r6l3) which you might find useful.

Thanks. Thank pretty much agrees with things I've read previously. I did try
liming the lawn, which I haven't done in a few years, after reading somewhere
that funguses like acid conditions.

If anyone else has additional suggestions, I'd love to read them.

Bob