Old 19-10-2007, 03:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Craftsman 5hp trac. any good?

I am considering trading my Toro 8/24 for a Craftsman 5/24 trac. And I
am wondering if they are any good.
Now before you beat the crap out of me, let me explain. We don't get
monster snow storms, but we do get enough that a snowblower is a good
thing to have, especially since I take care of my elderly neighbors,
and I would be shoveling all day.

I would rather my wife not clear the driveway, but there are times
that it is necessary due to me being away. We had a 5/24 MTD a few
years ago, and I sold it not realizing that she liked to use it. The
Toro is a beast and a little difficult for her to handle.
I think that 5hp is enough motor, I am just not sure about the unit
all together.

The MTD had trigger steering, and was a breeze. Is the Craftsman trac
easy to manuver?

thx

Old 19-10-2007, 08:42 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"dave" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am considering trading my Toro 8/24 for a Craftsman 5/24 trac. And I
am wondering if they are any good.
Now before you beat the crap out of me, let me explain. We don't get
monster snow storms, but we do get enough that a snowblower is a good
thing to have, especially since I take care of my elderly neighbors,
and I would be shoveling all day.

I would rather my wife not clear the driveway, but there are times
that it is necessary due to me being away. We had a 5/24 MTD a few
years ago, and I sold it not realizing that she liked to use it. The
Toro is a beast and a little difficult for her to handle.
I think that 5hp is enough motor, I am just not sure about the unit
all together.

The MTD had trigger steering, and was a breeze. Is the Craftsman trac
easy to manuver?

thx

I had a Craftsman trac (can't remember the size) and traded it to my nephew
for a same size wheel machine because I needed something more manueverable.
That was a few years ago and probably the newer ones are better.