GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snowblower attached (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/167624-snowblower-attached.html)

Srgnt Billko 30-11-2007 09:32 PM

Snowblower attached

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Eggs Zachtly 30-11-2007 11:30 PM

Snowblower attached

Srgnt Billko said:

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't look
like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck. =)
--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at
a trailer park?

Steveo 01-12-2007 12:47 AM

Snowblower attached

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?

Steveo 01-12-2007 12:50 AM

Snowblower attached

wrote:
Srgnt Billko said:

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't look
like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck. =)

Or most any vehicle for that matter. :) I'm putting my blade on the truck
next week..time has come.

Eggs Zachtly 01-12-2007 01:02 AM

Snowblower attached

Steveo said:

wrote:
Srgnt Billko said:

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't look
like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck. =)

Or most any vehicle for that matter. :) I'm putting my blade on the truck
next week..time has come.

I swapped plenty of cams in cars, when I was younger. But, this one
suprised me. I never thought of hopping up a work truck. *shrug* Plus, they
just spent a small fortune on maintenance (exhaust, brakes, etc). It's
runnin SWEET! =)
I too say, "Bring on the snow!"
--

Eggs

-A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A
beer please, and one for the road."

Steveo 01-12-2007 02:49 AM

Snowblower attached

wrote:
Steveo said:

wrote:
Srgnt Billko said:

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't
look like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck.
=)

Or most any vehicle for that matter. :) I'm putting my blade on the
truck next week..time has come.

I swapped plenty of cams in cars, when I was younger. But, this one
suprised me. I never thought of hopping up a work truck. *shrug* Plus,
they just spent a small fortune on maintenance (exhaust, brakes, etc).
It's runnin SWEET! =)
I too say, "Bring on the snow!"

I use a towing cam to drag my travel trailer around and it seems to have
more bottom end because of it. (low end torque) I can't say it has improved
the fuel mileage though. It's a 1 ton 4x4 pickup truck so I didn't purchase
it for fuel economy. It's a mule that plows the snow in my driveway in the
off season. Let it snow. :)

Srgnt Billko 01-12-2007 03:33 AM

Snowblower attached

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?

Unfortunatley yes. But with the skids I don't throw too many stones. And I
keep a good grip on the lever that raises and lowers the business end. It
also has a "stop" before the "stop" - so when I lower it, it can still go
further if I push against a spring resistense. I usually don't blow the
first snow. I try to wait till the ground is hard and there is some cold
crunchy cover.

Steveo 01-12-2007 03:43 AM

Snowblower attached

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?

Unfortunatley yes. But with the skids I don't throw too many stones. And
I keep a good grip on the lever that raises and lowers the business end.
It also has a "stop" before the "stop" - so when I lower it, it can still
go further if I push against a spring resistense. I usually don't blow
the first snow. I try to wait till the ground is hard and there is some
cold crunchy cover.

Sounds like you have it dialed in, Sarge.

Willshak 01-12-2007 05:53 AM

Snowblower attached

on 11/30/2007 4:32 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I looked at all the leaves on my lawn and backyard, and all the leaves
that had not fallen yet, including a 50' pin oak that had all its leaves
still attached, and wondered, should I take off the mower and attach the
blower, or wait? Last year, these leaves would all be on the lawn by
now, but this year, with temps at 65º F on Thanksgiving day, I said F**K
it and put the blower on..
Otherwise, this global warming is great!

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Clark... 02-12-2007 01:45 PM

Snowblower attached

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two hours to
clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Srgnt Billko 02-12-2007 03:38 PM

Snowblower attached

"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two hours to
clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--

I heard a different story - I heard she wears the pants in your family and
you better shape up LOL

Clark... 03-12-2007 12:52 PM

Snowblower attached

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two
hours to clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--

I heard a different story - I heard she wears the pants in your
family and you better shape up LOL

Oh it's a whole pants suit :-p

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?