Old 30-11-2007, 09:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Snowblower attached

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Old 30-11-2007, 11:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Yep. We put the plow and spreader on the old GMC at work. It don't look
like much, but it's amazing what a cam can do for a work truck. =)
--

Eggs

Can a storm be officially designated as a tornado without touching down at
a trailer park?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?

Unfortunatley yes. But with the skids I don't throw too many stones. And I
keep a good grip on the lever that raises and lowers the business end. It
also has a "stop" before the "stop" - so when I lower it, it can still go
further if I push against a spring resistense. I usually don't blow the
first snow. I try to wait till the ground is hard and there is some cold
crunchy cover.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:43 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

Gravel driveway?

Unfortunatley yes. But with the skids I don't throw too many stones. And
I keep a good grip on the lever that raises and lowers the business end.
It also has a "stop" before the "stop" - so when I lower it, it can still
go further if I push against a spring resistense. I usually don't blow
the first snow. I try to wait till the ground is hard and there is some
cold crunchy cover.

Sounds like you have it dialed in, Sarge.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 11/30/2007 4:32 PM Srgnt Billko said the following:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the snowblower.
Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I looked at all the leaves on my lawn and backyard, and all the leaves
that had not fallen yet, including a 50' pin oak that had all its leaves
still attached, and wondered, should I take off the mower and attach the
blower, or wait? Last year, these leaves would all be on the lawn by
now, but this year, with temps at 65º F on Thanksgiving day, I said F**K
it and put the blower on..
Otherwise, this global warming is great!

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 02-12-2007, 01:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two hours to
clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two hours to
clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--

I heard a different story - I heard she wears the pants in your family and
you better shape up LOL

Old 03-12-2007, 12:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
Took the mower deck off the 1973 John Deere 110 and attached the
snowblower. Now ready for winter - bring on the snow.

I've waxed the show shovels, and reminded Kathy she only has two
hours to clear the driveway or she gets a beat'n.
Clark...
--

I heard a different story - I heard she wears the pants in your
family and you better shape up LOL

Oh it's a whole pants suit :-p

Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

MTD snowblower not clearing to asphalt Tim Lawns 1 24-02-2003 09:07 AM
snowblower manual pull starter question Alan Lawns 4 24-02-2003 08:59 AM
snowblower- tires Tim Lawns 3 11-02-2003 03:55 AM
what height to set snowblower skids at? Tim Lawns 4 05-02-2003 09:55 AM
Snowblower for wash dc area allan Lawns 3 11-12-2002 09:37 PM