GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   basic question about 2 cycle engines (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/170153-basic-question-about-2-cycle-engines.html)

nucleus 06-01-2008 12:50 AM

basic question about 2 cycle engines

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

Chas Hurst[_2_] 06-01-2008 03:15 AM

"nucleus" wrote in message
do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.

nucleus 06-01-2008 12:56 PM

basic question about 2 cycle engines

if there are no reed valves, then my problem must be the carb. engine
will run a few
seconds if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the
spark plug hole,
but will not run from the carb. i am positive fuel is getting to the
carb because i
made a separate tank with new tubing and the primer bulb draws
properly and
the overflow returns to the tank properly. also the engine will run a
few seconds
if i squirt a small amount of the gas/oil mixture into the carb
opening.

i have disassembled the carb, blown out all passages, all diaphragms
have no
pinholes, but apparently the carb does not function. this particular
carb is
foreign (chinese, i guess) and i cannot find a source for a repair
kit.

any suggestions how i can get this thing running?

Art 07-01-2008 12:33 AM

"nucleus" wrote in message

do most small two cycle engines (like on trimmers) have reed valves?

No, they are usually piston ported.

What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

--
Art

nucleus 07-01-2008 12:55 PM

basic question about 2 cycle engines

not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".

Art 08-01-2008 01:08 AM

nucleus wrote:
not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".
What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

Here you go -
http://www.scooterx-gas-scooters.com/parts.htm
There is an email address where you can ask about a carb kit.
Complete carb is $40.00, complete motor $150.

--
Art

[email protected] 11-01-2008 12:50 PM

basic question about 2 cycle engines

most 2 cycle that run slow,5000 rpm have reeds, the ones that run 10,000
rpm do not have reeds.

Husky 09-02-2008 01:51 AM

nucleus wrote:
not a walbro or zama, if you have a cross reference for this carb so i
can
get a carb repair kit, please let me know. the carb markings are
"RUI"
followed by something that looks like "X" followed by "ING" and below
that is the number 306019478. equipment is a "razorback g-scooter".
What is on the carb? It should have a name and some letters and numbers.
Walbro and Zama are the most popular. Also what kind of 2-cycle engine,
by that I mean what piece of equipment is it on? ie: chainsaw, blower,
trimmer, etc...

Basic chinese disposable crap.