GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Deer sighting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/171554-deer-sighting.html)

Srgnt Billko 04-03-2008 12:13 AM

Deer sighting

I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've seen
any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was afraid the
winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was there to
greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome sight.

Frank 04-03-2008 07:24 PM

Deer sighting

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've seen
any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was afraid the
winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was there to
greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either.

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it ;)

Frank

Srgnt Billko 04-03-2008 11:43 PM

Deer sighting

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've
seen any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was
afraid the winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was
there to greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome
sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either.

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it ;)

Frank

You shot Bambi ? - Shame on you ! chuckle

Frank 05-03-2008 01:12 PM

Deer sighting

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've
seen any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was
afraid the winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was
there to greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome
sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either..

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it ;)

Frank

You shot Bambi ? - Shame on you ! *chuckle

Unfortunately, not the ones that ravage my yard. Drives me nuts. You
oughta see the place in October when my chestnut tree drop nuts.
Looks like a stockyard with torn up lawn and deer droppings ;(