Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Deer sighting

I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've seen
any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was afraid the
winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was there to
greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome sight.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've seen
any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was afraid the
winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was there to
greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either.

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it

Frank
Old 04-03-2008, 11:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
. ..
Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've
seen any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was
afraid the winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was
there to greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome
sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either.

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it

Frank

You shot Bambi ? - Shame on you ! chuckle

Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've
seen any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was
afraid the winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was
there to greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome
sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either..

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it

Frank

You shot Bambi ? - Shame on you ! *chuckle

Unfortunately, not the ones that ravage my yard. Drives me nuts. You
oughta see the place in October when my chestnut tree drop nuts.
Looks like a stockyard with torn up lawn and deer droppings ;(

Walter sighting Gary Woods Ponds 2 12-05-2004 12:03 PM
1st snake sighting jOhN Texas 6 09-04-2004 03:33 AM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 3 16-06-2003 06:05 PM
lone star tick sighting Will Cook North Carolina 2 30-05-2003 11:08 PM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 8 29-05-2003 05:23 AM