GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What was that noise ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/174217-what-noise.html)

Srgnt Billko 11-05-2008 11:43 PM

What was that noise ?

I remember seeing about a 10" stick someplace where I intended to mow and I
thought "I better pick that up and get it out of the way" - but I forgot.
Today I mowed with the big Wheelhorse and a 48" deck. At one point I heard
a crunching noise and then the twang of something flying. What could have
made that noise ?

Frank 12-05-2008 04:59 PM

What was that noise ?

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I remember seeing about a 10" stick someplace where I intended to mow and I
thought "I better pick that up and get it out of the way" - but I forgot.
Today I mowed with the big Wheelhorse and a 48" deck. At one point I heard
a crunching noise and then the twang of something flying. What could have
made that noise ?

Thanks, Billko. Yesterday I lost bolt and big plastic wing nut from my
Lawnboy. I'm sure I'll run into it next time I cut grass ;(

Clark... 12-05-2008 07:58 PM

What was that noise ?

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I remember seeing about a 10" stick someplace where I intended to mow
and I thought "I better pick that up and get it out of the way" - but
I forgot. Today I mowed with the big Wheelhorse and a 48" deck. At
one point I heard a crunching noise and then the twang of something
flying. What could have made that noise ?

You found my 10" stick? I thought Kathy packed it with the Christmas
decorations.
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Srgnt Billko 12-05-2008 10:52 PM

What was that noise ?

"Clark..." wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
I remember seeing about a 10" stick someplace where I intended to mow
and I thought "I better pick that up and get it out of the way" - but
I forgot. Today I mowed with the big Wheelhorse and a 48" deck. At
one point I heard a crunching noise and then the twang of something
flying. What could have made that noise ?

You found my 10" stick? I thought Kathy packed it with the Christmas
decorations.
Clark...
--

If she drove by here and threw it in my lawn I'll burp, sputter, cough