Old 19-05-2008, 11:55 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Tick and Insect Barrier for Lawn

Last week I saw a tick hanging to my cloth, after doing some work in
the garden at my back yard. Today I found one climbing the foundation
wall.

First I suspect that my pet got it, but a close look at its fur
revealed none. I tried to identified it with the tick chart, it is
about 1/8th of an inch and black in color. Probably a lonestar or a
dog tick I guess.

Since then I been researching on the web a good way to build a barrier
between my backyard lawn and the tree area. During rainy season, its
soggy wet, other times its dry. I wanted to spray some permethrin(?)
on the tree lawn border area to keep the tick entering my lawn and
house. I never had this problem before. This is a newly developed area
so I am sure this is probably a local problem. Also I fairly keep my
lawn tidy with least amount of leaves or grass.

Any one had experienced this and a good way to control the tick
problem in your experience. I'm very much like to use some echo
friendly stuff, if that works good.

TIA.
Old 19-05-2008, 11:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"dualboot" wrote in message
[...]

Guinai hens will do the trick.

Old 20-05-2008, 02:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

here in ky ticks fall off trees on you. but really ,,spraying with
a malathion i think kills ticks.

Old 20-05-2008, 05:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On May 19, 5:56*pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
.

Guinai hens will do the trick.

As will fire ants.

The dreaded tick Sian United Kingdom 0 13-05-2006 05:36 PM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 3 16-06-2003 06:05 PM
lone star tick sighting Will Cook North Carolina 2 30-05-2003 11:08 PM
lone start tick sighting Joy in Durham North Carolina 8 29-05-2003 05:23 AM
More about tick ID: It's not really a deer tick Susan Fein Gardening 0 08-05-2003 04:08 PM