GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   wee-wee on the lawn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/175600-wee-wee-lawn.html)

dido22 07-06-2008 12:16 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Duff2 07-06-2008 12:43 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:16:45 +0100, "dido22"
wrote:

Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

wee-wee will KILL the grass.

Willshak 07-06-2008 12:56 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

on 6/7/2008 7:16 AM dido22 said the following:
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a
good fertiliser ?

Thanks

Wherever my dog pees on the lawn, the grass will die within a few days.
I don't pee on the lawn, so I don't know if human pee will kill the
grass or make it grow better.
Wherever my dog takes a dump on the lawn and I don't scoop it up, the
grass will die under the poop. Within a few days of picking it up,
though, and for a few inches around the dump site, the grass grows
higher and thicker. So it's better to take a dump on the lawn rather
than peeing on it. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Dioclese 08-06-2008 05:03 AM

wee-wee on the lawn

"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Both people and dogs urine contain uric salt. Google "uric salt" and
"grass".
--
Dave

Chas Hurst 08-06-2008 05:16 AM

wee-wee on the lawn

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
m...
"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Both people and dogs urine contain uric salt. Google "uric salt" and
"grass".
--
Dave

I guess I drink the correct wine. My lawn has green spots were I've
fertilized it.

EXT 09-06-2008 06:21 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

Straight from the bladder it is too strong for the grass, if you dilute
either urine or feces in water, it becomes fertilizer. You will notice that
around the dead spots the surviving grass grows green and tall.

m...

Red[_2_] 10-06-2008 07:17 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

On Jun 7, 11:16*pm, "Chas Hurst" wrote:

I guess I drink the correct wine. My lawn has green spots were I've
fertilized it.

Mine too. It has never died where I whizzed on it - just got greener
& thicker. But then I never take the 1st of the morning whizz on the
lawn either, which is probably a lot more concentrated. I think that
is the key. Dog's urine is always deeper in color from concentration.

Red

Bob F 10-06-2008 10:40 PM

wee-wee on the lawn

"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

It turns it dark green. The only cure is time.