Old 07-06-2008, 12:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default wee-wee on the lawn

Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Old 07-06-2008, 12:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 12:16:45 +0100, "dido22"
wrote:

Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

wee-wee will KILL the grass.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 6/7/2008 7:16 AM dido22 said the following:
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a
good fertiliser ?

Thanks

Wherever my dog pees on the lawn, the grass will die within a few days.
I don't pee on the lawn, so I don't know if human pee will kill the
grass or make it grow better.
Wherever my dog takes a dump on the lawn and I don't scoop it up, the
grass will die under the poop. Within a few days of picking it up,
though, and for a few inches around the dump site, the grass grows
higher and thicker. So it's better to take a dump on the lawn rather
than peeing on it. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 08-06-2008, 05:03 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Both people and dogs urine contain uric salt. Google "uric salt" and
"grass".
--
Dave

Old 08-06-2008, 05:16 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
m...
"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

Thanks

Both people and dogs urine contain uric salt. Google "uric salt" and
"grass".
--
Dave

I guess I drink the correct wine. My lawn has green spots were I've
fertilized it.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
EXT EXT is offline

Straight from the bladder it is too strong for the grass, if you dilute
either urine or feces in water, it becomes fertilizer. You will notice that
around the dead spots the surviving grass grows green and tall.

m...

Old 10-06-2008, 07:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Jun 7, 11:16*pm, "Chas Hurst" wrote:

I guess I drink the correct wine. My lawn has green spots were I've
fertilized it.

Mine too. It has never died where I whizzed on it - just got greener
& thicker. But then I never take the 1st of the morning whizz on the
lawn either, which is probably a lot more concentrated. I think that
is the key. Dog's urine is always deeper in color from concentration.

Red
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"dido22" wrote in message
Hello,

Will urine damage grass? I seem to remember reading that urine is a good
fertiliser ?

It turns it dark green. The only cure is time.

Replacement Wee-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n'Cut" - Any Good ? Robert11 Gardening 2 04-07-2005 04:22 PM
dog wee killing my lawn Biller Lawns 7 12-06-2004 01:06 AM
David Wee -- how did the date go??? :) Duncan A. McRae Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 18-07-2003 10:16 AM
David Wee -- how did the date go??? :) Duncan A. McRae Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 14-06-2003 04:20 AM
Wee Willie Carola / Les Ponds 2 27-04-2003 05:44 PM