GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Aha - Lawn Boy 7268 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/175993-aha-lawn-boy-7268-a.html)

Srgnt Billko 16-06-2008 11:49 PM

Aha - Lawn Boy 7268

The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old. Thenty
years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new machine.

Art 17-06-2008 02:12 AM

Aha - Lawn Boy 7268

Srgnt Billko wrote:
The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old. Thenty
years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new machine.

NOOO!! That one is a keeper! It was one of the better ones Lawnboy
built. Cast aluminum deck, F-series 2-cycle engine with a cast iron
cylinder liner, needle bearings for mains and on the big end of the
rod... The carb wasn't much but it worked okay. If you decide to throw
it away, throw it my way. If it ever needs it, you can probably buy new
rings , bearings and a reed for less than $20 and rebuild the engine.

--
Art

Srgnt Billko 17-06-2008 02:44 AM

Aha - Lawn Boy 7268

"Art" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old.
Thenty years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new
machine.

NOOO!! That one is a keeper! It was one of the better ones Lawnboy built.
Cast aluminum deck, F-series 2-cycle engine with a cast iron cylinder
liner, needle bearings for mains and on the big end of the rod... The carb
wasn't much but it worked okay. If you decide to throw it away, throw it
my way. If it ever needs it, you can probably buy new rings , bearings and
a reed for less than $20 and rebuild the engine.

--
Art

Really - I'm not familiar with 2 cycle mowers - but I did have several 2
cycle 3 cylinder Saabs that bragged about longevity because they ony had 9
moving parts. That was a crock. None of them lasted any where near half
what the 4 cycle motors were lasting. So I'll defer to your more related
experience on this one.

Sarge