Old 16-06-2008, 11:49 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Aha - Lawn Boy 7268

The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old. Thenty
years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new machine.

Old 17-06-2008, 02:12 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Srgnt Billko wrote:
The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old. Thenty
years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new machine.

NOOO!! That one is a keeper! It was one of the better ones Lawnboy
built. Cast aluminum deck, F-series 2-cycle engine with a cast iron
cylinder liner, needle bearings for mains and on the big end of the
rod... The carb wasn't much but it worked okay. If you decide to throw
it away, throw it my way. If it ever needs it, you can probably buy new
rings , bearings and a reed for less than $20 and rebuild the engine.

--
Art

Old 17-06-2008, 02:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Art" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko wrote:
The Lawn Boy 7268 is a 2 cycle 21" mower that is over 20 years old.
Thenty years is a lot for that item. Throw it away and get a new
machine.

NOOO!! That one is a keeper! It was one of the better ones Lawnboy built.
Cast aluminum deck, F-series 2-cycle engine with a cast iron cylinder
liner, needle bearings for mains and on the big end of the rod... The carb
wasn't much but it worked okay. If you decide to throw it away, throw it
my way. If it ever needs it, you can probably buy new rings , bearings and
a reed for less than $20 and rebuild the engine.

--
Art

Really - I'm not familiar with 2 cycle mowers - but I did have several 2
cycle 3 cylinder Saabs that bragged about longevity because they ony had 9
moving parts. That was a crock. None of them lasted any where near half
what the 4 cycle motors were lasting. So I'll defer to your more related
experience on this one.

Sarge

Lawn-Boy Insight Model 10684 Detroit Rosebud Gardening 1 06-11-2006 12:36 PM
Lawn-Boy mower John Prokovich Lawns 36 24-02-2005 11:14 PM
questions about Celebrity, Better Boy, and Big Boy tomtaoes Thomas Jacobs Gardening 1 26-02-2004 05:46 PM
lawn-boy fuel governor terry solomonson Lawns 1 30-05-2003 10:20 AM
Big Boy or Better Boy tomatoes Andy N Edible Gardening 5 02-02-2003 01:01 AM