Old 22-06-2008, 05:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KOS KOS is offline

Default outdoor portable water fountain question----power strip

Hi, I have several outdoor water fountains that I made.. I would like
to run all at the same time.. I have power outdoors with 2 outlets.. I
would like to buy a powerstrip and the any required extension cords...
I imagine there must be a special outdoor powerstrip that would be
waterproof?? Can someone give me some info on that?
Thanks!
KOS
Old 23-06-2008, 11:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I have several outdoor water fountains that I made.. I would like
to run all at the same time.. I have power outdoors with 2 outlets.. I
would like to buy a powerstrip and the any required extension cords...
I imagine there must be a special outdoor powerstrip that would be
waterproof?? Can someone give me some info on that?
Thanks!
KOS

Something like this?
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/id/125725.do

Old 24-06-2008, 01:26 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tomes" wrote in message

"KOS" wrote in message
Hi, I have several outdoor water fountains that I made.. I would like
to run all at the same time.. I have power outdoors with 2 outlets.. I
would like to buy a powerstrip and the any required extension cords...
I imagine there must be a special outdoor powerstrip that would be
waterproof?? Can someone give me some info on that?
Thanks!
KOS

Something like this?
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product/id/125725.do

Home Depot and Lowes sell an outdoor-rated timer/extension unit with four
outlets and a cover to make it waterproof. One version comes with a timer
that you can set for on/off times, another version has a photocell to turn
things on at dark, then run them for a preset period of time. One model
comes with a short cord and a spike so that it can be put into a garden area
or moved around; another is intended to be wall-mounted. Because of our
heavy summer rains, I built a couple of bird-house sized enclosures to help
protect these boxes from the elements.

To do it properly, you probably also want to equip your present outdoor
outlet with a special cover that is used when there are items plugged in
full time. It's in the electric supply aisle and various styles cost about
$10-$15, as I recall. It will keep the GFI or CB from tripping due to water
infiltration from rain or sprinklers.

There is also a unit manufactured by Bell that has been in the big-box
stores that replaces the standard outdoor box with a weatherproof box and
four outlets. I have one in place and it works fine, but I bought it a year
ago on closeout sale, and I haven't looked for it (or noticed it) in the
stores recently.

outdoor power stevej United Kingdom 12 28-04-2006 06:55 PM
Portable Fire Pit Questions Rick Gardening 3 25-05-2004 06:02 AM
Chem strip question Gabrielle Ponds 2 23-04-2004 08:03 AM
Portable green house opinion please. Joe Edible Gardening 3 07-12-2003 07:42 PM
PORTABLE GREENHOUSE $100 Larry Dighera Orchids 0 19-05-2003 02:44 PM