Old 01-12-2008, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default sprinkler heads that is higher

I have a sprinkler line that is using well water with a pump. All the heads
are working except for two shrub sprays. The only difference between that
and the rest is that these heads are mounted 3' off the ground on top of a
riser and the rest are flushed with the ground.

I have removed these two heads and connected to a garden hose, tested them
and they are working and open.

When I connect it back to the sprinkler line, nothing come out of them. I
flushed the line as well.

Is it possible for the heads to not work just because the heads are 3' off
the ground and not enough pressure?

Thanks,

MC

Old 01-12-2008, 02:44 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

MiamiCuse wrote:

I have a sprinkler line that is using well water with a pump. All the heads
are working except for two shrub sprays. The only difference between that
and the rest is that these heads are mounted 3' off the ground on top of a
riser and the rest are flushed with the ground.

I have removed these two heads and connected to a garden hose, tested them
and they are working and open.

When I connect it back to the sprinkler line, nothing come out of them. I
flushed the line as well.

Is it possible for the heads to not work just because the heads are 3' off
the ground and not enough pressure?

Thanks,

MC

path of lease resistance. the choice is to travel along the
ground and exit or to climb a vertical 3' upright and then exit.

I'd say you got lazy water.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

MiamiCuse wrote:

I have a sprinkler line that is using well water with a pump. All the heads
are working except for two shrub sprays. The only difference between that
and the rest is that these heads are mounted 3' off the ground on top of a
riser and the rest are flushed with the ground.

I have removed these two heads and connected to a garden hose, tested them
and they are working and open.

When I connect it back to the sprinkler line, nothing come out of them. I
flushed the line as well.

Is it possible for the heads to not work just because the heads are 3' off
the ground and not enough pressure?

Thanks,

MC

path of least resistance. the choice is to travel along the

Old 13-12-2008, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have a sprinkler line that is using well water with a pump. All the heads
are working except for two shrub sprays. The only difference between that and
the rest is that these heads are mounted 3' off the ground on top of a riser
and the rest are flushed with the ground.

I have removed these two heads and connected to a garden hose, tested them and
they are working and open.

When I connect it back to the sprinkler line, nothing come out of them. I
flushed the line as well.

Is it possible for the heads to not work just because the heads are 3' off the
ground and not enough pressure?

Apparently, the pressure the pump can deliver at the needed volume is
insufficient for those heads. The 3' difference is only about 1 1/2 psi.

Sprinkler Heads MiamiCuse Gardening 6 15-11-2009 09:53 PM
New Hunter Sprinkler Heads dnoyeB Lawns 11 02-07-2008 02:58 PM
Hunter PGP Sprinkler Heads ?? James Lawns 7 21-09-2005 02:34 AM
Higher Watt Eclipse Bulb John Van Der Pflum Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 09-04-2004 03:05 AM
The VF is Higher then the Pond BenignVanilla Ponds 1 30-04-2003 05:32 PM