GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Reduce pine cones from douglas fir? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/185772-reduce-pine-cones-douglas-fir.html)

james[_2_] 16-07-2009 03:29 PM

Reduce pine cones from douglas fir?

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

Eggs Zachtly 17-07-2009 12:10 AM

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

LOL
--

Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Eggs Zachtly 20-07-2009 09:49 AM

Jim said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

LOL

good usenet. :)

It was the funniest post I've seen on here in years. =)
--

Eggs

Could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?

JimR 21-07-2009 02:15 AM

"Jim" wrote in message
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires
manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer
cones?

Since it's a Douglas fir, they're not pine cones, they're fir cones --

Try hydrogen sulfate

Under the right pH conditions the hyudrogen will be released, the cones will
absorb the hydrogen, become lighter-than-air and drift away to your
neighbor's yard. Problem solved.

Trader can tell you how to adjust the pH.

Jim[_19_] 21-07-2009 12:30 PM

Reduce pine cones from douglas fir?

JimR wrote:

fixed attributes.........

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires
manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer
cones?

Since it's a Douglas fir, they're not pine cones, they're fir cones --

Try hydrogen sulfate

Under the right pH conditions the hyudrogen will be released, the cones will
absorb the hydrogen, become lighter-than-air and drift away to your
neighbor's yard. Problem solved.

Trader can tell you how to adjust the pH.

is it better to just LOL at the uninformed and leave it at that or
is it ok to misinform them in their already confused state?