Old 16-07-2009, 03:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Reduce pine cones from douglas fir?

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

Old 17-07-2009, 12:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

LOL
--

Eggs

-If a cow laughs hard, does milk come out its nose?

Old 20-07-2009, 09:49 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer cones?

LOL

good usenet.

It was the funniest post I've seen on here in years. =)
--

Eggs

Could crop circles be the work of a cereal killer?
Old 21-07-2009, 02:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim" wrote in message
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires
manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer
cones?

Since it's a Douglas fir, they're not pine cones, they're fir cones --

Try hydrogen sulfate

Under the right pH conditions the hyudrogen will be released, the cones will
absorb the hydrogen, become lighter-than-air and drift away to your
neighbor's yard. Problem solved.

Trader can tell you how to adjust the pH.

Old 21-07-2009, 12:30 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

JimR wrote:

fixed attributes.........

james said:

There are several douglas fir trees in my lawn that keeps dropping pine
cones. There is no machine to remove them from the lawn; it requires
manual
labor.

Is there some fertilizer I can feed the tree to make it drop fewer
cones?

Since it's a Douglas fir, they're not pine cones, they're fir cones --

Try hydrogen sulfate

Under the right pH conditions the hyudrogen will be released, the cones will
absorb the hydrogen, become lighter-than-air and drift away to your
neighbor's yard. Problem solved.

Trader can tell you how to adjust the pH.

is it better to just LOL at the uninformed and leave it at that or
is it ok to misinform them in their already confused state?

Douglas fir or Douglas-fir?? [email protected] Plant Science 3 29-06-2005 02:12 AM
[IBC] Ancient Douglas Fir Bonsai Site? Michael Persiano Bonsai 0 04-10-2003 04:49 AM
douglas fir trees Ray Gardening 10 20-06-2003 10:56 AM
insect killing Douglas fir Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 3 21-04-2003 02:20 AM
Mycena fd growing on Douglas-fir branches/twigs Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 1 25-11-2002 01:18 PM