Old 30-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Bub

Default Get rid of Grubs

Hi,

I just ploughed my lawn this weekend with a tiller.
I saw tons of white grubs.
The city of Ottawa says that I can use soapy water to kill them.
But what kind of soap (laundry detergent, hand soap, etc..)
what concentration ?
Can I spread laundry detergent over the earth and water it ?
how often ?
for how long ?
how many time ?

Please advice,
Thanks,
Bruno.

Old 30-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Peter H

"Bub" wrote in message
Hi,

I just ploughed my lawn this weekend with a tiller.
I saw tons of white grubs.
The city of Ottawa says that I can use soapy water to kill them.
But what kind of soap (laundry detergent, hand soap, etc..)
what concentration ?
Can I spread laundry detergent over the earth and water it ?
how often ?
for how long ?
how many time ?

Please advice,
Thanks,
Bruno.

The City of Ottawa is lying to you. Someone there doesn't want you applying
pesticides and has given you bogus information. There can be a case made for
using a small amount of dish soap when applying an insecticide as it helps
the active ingredient slip through the thatch level and down to the root
zone.

The only " organic" sol'n to grubs are nemotodes, but the success rate w/
them is extremely low.

Peter H

Old 30-04-2003, 12:32 PM

"Bub" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C30E96.393713E0

Hi,

I just ploughed my lawn this weekend with a tiller.
I saw tons of white grubs.
The city of Ottawa says that I can use soapy water to kill them.
But what kind of soap (laundry detergent, hand soap, etc..)
what concentration ?
Can I spread laundry detergent over the earth and water it ?
how often ?
for how long ?=20
how many time ?

Please advice,
Thanks,
Bruno.

Are you trying to clean them or kill them? g

Here's a link to an Ortho product that will help you.

http://tinyurl.com/an4w

ps..please turn off your html in this text group.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 07-05-2003, 04:56 PM

I've just done the same here in NY. The dry season last year made the lawns'
weak. Hence, grubs. Best to use a commercial product of Ortho or Scotts to kill
them off. Be sure not to seed immediately after or before treatment. It's alot
of hard work raking.

Why kind of tiller worked well for you? We've used two now, and wish I had the
rear tiller instead of the mid tine tiller.

A-

Old 09-05-2003, 04:56 AM
Jimmy Bundrick

Soap will not kill the grubs reccomend a Granular Insecticide and water it in with 1 inch of water and reapply in 7-10 days. Diazonon is good to use and apply as directed.

Bub" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I just ploughed my lawn this weekend with a tiller.
I saw tons of white grubs.
The city of Ottawa says that I can use soapy water to kill them.
But what kind of soap (laundry detergent, hand soap, etc..)
what concentration ?
Can I spread laundry detergent over the earth and water it ?
how often ?
for how long ?
how many time ?

Please advice,
Thanks,
Bruno.

Gets rid of Grubs & Moles Anecdotal proof Bob Kryger Gardening 1 24-05-2004 09:04 PM
Milky Spore Gets rid of Grubs & Moles GardenGamecock Gardening 4 20-05-2004 09:02 AM
How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
GEtting rid of Grubs BABS Gardening 3 27-11-2003 04:03 AM
Would you all like to get rid of Gorgeous George? Could you get shot of Saddam at the same time Gorgeous George United Kingdom 0 22-03-2003 09:56 PM