GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dual- vs Single-String Trippers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/206123-dual-vs-single-string-trippers.html)

Guv Bob[_2_] 08-01-2013 06:08 AM

Dual- vs Single-String Trippers

My experience is that the double string trimmers just use up twice the string and don't do any better job with average yard trimming.

I used a single-string B&D Grass Hog for 15 years until the motor gave out. Bought 3 different 2-string trimmers and returned them.

Anybody still make the 1-string versions? Only 2-string models are sold at Home Depot or Lowes around here.

devinnrock 11-01-2013 10:06 PM

This is totally practical.....

thomaspoul 07-03-2013 09:14 AM

agreed with devil

Eco Maintenance 20-03-2013 11:38 AM

I am a professional garden and landscape maintenance service provider and use strimmers on a daily basis. I have used quite a few over the years but usually larger ones and i can honestly say that the performance of every one i have used has been much better with two lines. You are essentially getting twice the number of "cuts" per minute, there is more air flow to lift the grass you are cutting and the tool is more balanced therefore vibrating less.

I have a Pellenc battery powered strimmer which is more comparable to the one you are using and that too performs much better with two lines.

Stuart