GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is this weed in my lawn (photo) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/208636-what-weed-my-lawn-photo.html)

Tom77 01-11-2013 02:05 PM

What is this weed in my lawn (photo)

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

This is my first post. I wonder whether anyone would be able to help identifty a weed in my lawn (in the UK) and how I might be able to get rid of it without a lot of chemicals.

I have included a photo.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom77 02-11-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob F (Post 994522)
Tom77 wrote:
Hello,

This is my first post. I wonder whether anyone would be able to help
identifty a weed in my lawn (in the UK) and how I might be able to get
rid of it without a lot of chemicals.

I have included a photo.

Buttercup?

Many thanks. I am sure that you are right.

[email protected][_2_] 03-11-2013 12:50 PM

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 8:29:54 AM UTC-4, Tom77 wrote:
Bob F;994522 Wrote:

Tom77 wrote:-

Hello,

This is my first post. I wonder whether anyone would be able to help

identifty a weed in my lawn (in the UK) and how I might be able to get

rid of it without a lot of chemicals.

I have included a photo.-

Buttercup?

Many thanks. I am sure that you are right.

You don't need a lot of chemicals, just one ot
two treatments of a broad-leaf weedkiller for grass
should do it. Apply it with a tank sprayer to the
spots that need it. That uses the least herbicide
and delivers it where it's needed as opposed to the
weed-n-feed type products that you spread over the
whole lawn.

Bob F 03-11-2013 10:23 PM

Bob F;994522 Wrote:

Tom77 wrote:-

Hello,

This is my first post. I wonder whether anyone would be able to help

identifty a weed in my lawn (in the UK) and how I might be able to
get

rid of it without a lot of chemicals.

I have included a photo.-

Buttercup?

Many thanks. I am sure that you are right.

You don't need a lot of chemicals, just one ot
two treatments of a broad-leaf weedkiller for grass
should do it. Apply it with a tank sprayer to the
spots that need it. That uses the least herbicide
and delivers it where it's needed as opposed to the
weed-n-feed type products that you spread over the
whole lawn.

Ijust keep a trigger sprayer of weed-b-gon or equivalent and spray them a few
times a year. If you get them early, they go away pretty fast. Sometimes it'll
take a couple sprayings.