GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/29300-grass-growning-rock-garden-how-do-i-get-rid.html)

STEVEN STEIN 27-05-2003 07:08 PM

Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it

Subject says it all - I have a rock garden that has grass growing up in a
lot of the ground cover, etc. How do I get rid of it?
Regards... Steve

GamePlayer No. 1058 29-05-2003 05:23 AM

Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it

Well you may not like my solution but it's what I had to do for my rock and
flower garden.

You can get weed block, which means you have to disassemble your rock garden
and lay this stuff down, then cut X's wherever you are going to have
flowers, plant them then relay the rocks. It was a chore for me, took me
the entire weekend to accomplish, but now I've got very few weeds and grass
blades that come up in the rock garden. Which I could do this for the lawn
too hehehehehe.

"STEVEN STEIN" wrote in message
: Subject says it all - I have a rock garden that has grass growing up in a
: lot of the ground cover, etc. How do I get rid of it?
: Regards... Steve
:
:

Chris 04-06-2003 04:08 AM

Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it

Roundup works for me.
Subject says it all - I have a rock garden that has grass growing up in a

[email protected] 04-06-2003 11:56 AM

Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it

"Chris" wrote:
Roundup works for me.
"STEVEN STEIN" wrote in message
Subject says it all - I have a rock garden that has grass growing up in
a lot of the ground cover, etc. How do I get rid of it?
Regards... Steve

Yea it kills ground cover too.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/

Dave G 04-06-2003 03:20 PM

Grass growning in rock garden - how do I get rid of it

What about putting RoundUp in a wick applicator or sponge and just
wiping the offending weeds?

Subject says it all - I have a rock garden that has grass growing up in a