GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to remove glue? Marine Goop (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/38460-how-remove-glue-marine-goop.html)

No Spam 27-07-2003 04:03 PM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

Tomcat14 28-07-2003 02:44 AM

"No Spam" wrote in message ble.rogers.com...
I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG.. way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

Someone else will have to tell you how to chemically dissolve it. I
would first try to remove as much as possible mechanically, say with a
knife or razor blade. If you can pry an edge up you might grab it with
pliers and pull a big chunck off. I suspect it would soften lots with
a heat gun or hair dryer.

Charlie Spitzer 28-07-2003 07:03 PM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

I use a product Plumber Goop (and Marine Goop), they are VERY STRONG..

way
TOO STRONG. Now I want to remove it, anyone knows how?

Is it silicon based? will silicon remover work?

NB

try calling the 800 number on the back and ask the manufacturer?

No Spam 28-07-2003 08:12 PM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

I emailed the Goop manufacter, here is their answer (see below). I will try
to buy some acetone from homedepot tonight to see if it works....

No Spam 29-07-2003 03:33 AM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the Goop
now!! it's perfect!

le.rogers.com...

Bob Smith 09-08-2003 02:13 AM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the Goop
now!! it's perfect!

It just goes to show, there are few problems that cannot be solved by:
1) a bigger hammer
2) heinous chemicals
and if that fails
3) Brute force and ignorance.

Bob

[email protected] 09-08-2003 02:13 AM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

"Bob Smith" wrote:
"No Spam" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just bought a can of Acetone, it works!!!!!!!!! I can remove the
Goop now!! it's perfect!

It just goes to show, there are few problems that cannot be solved by:
1) a bigger hammer
2) heinous chemicals
and if that fails
3) Brute force and ignorance.

Bob

Or in your case, Bob on it.

--
GO# 40

donald girod 09-08-2003 03:22 PM

How to remove glue? Marine Goop

Acetone is hardly a "heinous chemical". It is produced in the bodies of
diabetics, and is used topically in medicine. Note than he didn't buy a can
of methyl ethyl ketone, for instance.

"Bob Smith" wrote in message ...

le.rogers.com...