Old 29-07-2003, 06:22 PM
John Murphy

Default Slit seeding over new lawn???

I seeded my lawn about 14000sf three weeks ago we got a severe thunderstorm
two days later washing out much of it. I continued to water to see what
would happen. Now I have a lawn that is very maze like patterened and
blotchy about 40% grass but very nice where it came up dense.

What I am wondering is can I use a Slit Seeder to overseed/reseed the lawn
without doing alot of damage to the good grass that has come in.

Thanks
jm

Old 30-07-2003, 01:03 AM

"John Murphy" wrote:
I seeded my lawn about 14000sf three weeks ago we got a severe
thunderstorm two days later washing out much of it. I continued to water
to see what would happen. Now I have a lawn that is very maze like
patterened and blotchy about 40% grass but very nice where it came up
dense.

What I am wondering is can I use a Slit Seeder to overseed/reseed the
lawn without doing alot of damage to the good grass that has come in.

Thanks
jm

Is is bare dirt for the most part?

--
GO# 40
Old 30-07-2003, 01:03 AM

wrote:
Is is bare dirt for the most part?

it

--
GO# 40
Old 30-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Chet Hayes

Summer is the worst time to be seeding and is not recommended. With
heat and sun, it's difficult to keep the soil constantly wet and there
is serious competition from weeds. Slice seeding soon after
germination will likely damage a lot of the grass you do have.

I'd wait till early Sept and reseed then.

Old 06-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Yuppo

i would wait till you've mowed the existing grass at least 3 times then....
if you live in a climate that has winters, wait till the fall.
if not, figure out when the best month to seed is.
then cut your existing grass short, then use an aerator, then yes, a slit
seeder will do the job. keep it watered as best you can.

"John Murphy" wrote in message
I seeded my lawn about 14000sf three weeks ago we got a severe

thunderstorm
two days later washing out much of it. I continued to water to see what
would happen. Now I have a lawn that is very maze like patterened and
blotchy about 40% grass but very nice where it came up dense.

What I am wondering is can I use a Slit Seeder to overseed/reseed the lawn
without doing alot of damage to the good grass that has come in.

Thanks
jm

Searching Where to rent a Slit Seeder for re-seeding my lawn? bradesp North Carolina 4 01-09-2005 01:16 AM
Need Slit Seeding in North Durham Dieseldog North Carolina 1 20-09-2004 06:56 PM
slit seeding vs aerating...or both??? Heidi Gardening 1 04-10-2003 12:42 PM
Slit seeding Ram Guy Lawns 0 07-05-2003 04:44 AM
Slit seeding [email protected] Lawns 0 03-05-2003 12:44 PM