GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poison ivy advice (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/40846-poison-ivy-advice.html)

Dave 19-08-2003 02:22 PM

poison ivy advice

hi, any advice on getting rid of poison ivy in a wooded area behind my
house? my kids would love to play back there.

thanks,
dave

Other Brother Kevin 19-08-2003 06:42 PM

poison ivy advice

Dave wrote:

hi, any advice on getting rid of poison ivy in a wooded area behind my
house? my kids would love to play back there.

thanks,
dave

Repeated use of Round Up

Victor Grund 19-08-2003 11:05 PM

poison ivy advice

Good question... I read somewhere that the oil secreted from it can stick
around long after the ivy itself is gone.

Victor

[email protected] 20-08-2003 01:05 AM

poison ivy advice

wrote:
Dave wrote:

hi, any advice on getting rid of poison ivy in a wooded area behind my
house? my kids would love to play back there.

thanks,
dave

Repeated use of Round Up

That will work, but weed-b-gone works just as well, and
is much more selective in what it kills. (read the label)

--
GO# 40

lois 28-08-2003 02:02 AM

poison ivy advice

Find someone who isnt sensitive to it [Im lucky- my neighbor can wallow
in it]

For climbing ones - cut down, leaving a foot of stem and immediately
paint [sponge brush] it entirely with concentrated roundup [not
diluted/ready-mix].

The down side - those seeds will continue to germinate for years so you
have to keep after the babies. I pull out with garden gloves on - bag
and toss, dont burn.

But some folks cant get even that close.

If the babies grow in a mow area, regular mowing will kill them.