Old 19-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Dave

Default poison ivy advice

hi, any advice on getting rid of poison ivy in a wooded area behind my
house? my kids would love to play back there.

thanks,
dave

Old 19-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Other Brother Kevin

Dave wrote:

hi, any advice on getting rid of poison ivy in a wooded area behind my
house? my kids would love to play back there.

thanks,
dave

Repeated use of Round Up

Old 19-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Victor Grund

Good question... I read somewhere that the oil secreted from it can stick
around long after the ivy itself is gone.

Victor

Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 AM
lois

Find someone who isnt sensitive to it [Im lucky- my neighbor can wallow
in it]

For climbing ones - cut down, leaving a foot of stem and immediately
paint [sponge brush] it entirely with concentrated roundup [not
diluted/ready-mix].

The down side - those seeds will continue to germinate for years so you
have to keep after the babies. I pull out with garden gloves on - bag
and toss, dont burn.

But some folks cant get even that close.

If the babies grow in a mow area, regular mowing will kill them.

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM