GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   protecting roses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/46242-protecting-roses.html)

donald girod 27-10-2003 08:34 PM

protecting roses

Last year we didn't wrap our rose bushes well enough, and both of them died
(it was a pretty cold winter). I was wondering if it would be ok just to
drop like a plastic garbage can over the bushes and make sure it doesn't
blow away. It would certainly keep the wind off. I noticed that a guy up
the road is doing something similar to one of his bushes using a plastic
barrel.

Any opinions?

Doug G 28-10-2003 04:32 PM

protecting roses