Old 31-10-2003, 02:02 AM

Default needed briggs and stratton part 15 HP

I have a 15 HP Briggs and stratton engine and the small pump shaft pin
is broken. It is maybe a $2 item but I can't buy it without the whole
camshaft. Does anyone have this little piece from an old engine? I
need the small arm that sits near the cam shaft and has a spring
inside the arm . I guess it is there as a control for the oil ? I do
not need the pump shaft itself as that piece is not broken. Just the
little arm piece. the piece in question is about 3/4 inches long and
rotates on the little pump shaft. The pump shaft fits into a hole on
the cam gear very near to the Cam Shaft itself . that is the shaft
with the lopes on it. Can someone please help with this?

The model is 28N707 TYPE 016001 CODE 9408014B please write to me
here
Old 05-11-2003, 04:02 AM
craig sharp

that's not a pump shaft. that's the compression release pin. it's built
into the camshaft. it releases compression for easier starting. craig