Old 05-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Robert Olin

Default Drive Way Turnarounds

Anyone know where I can get some good ideas for a turnaround I am building
for my house on acreage. I'd like it to be kind of formal without looking
silly, so I'd like to see someone else's results. Pictures would be great
but I have yet to find a group on the web that has pictures of driveways and
turnarounds. One is probably out there, but I have yet to stumble on to it.

I have already poured cement curbs with a brick pattern and trowel on a
colored grout to make it look like brick. I'm thinking of English box wood
planted along the brick. I'm also thinking of a fountain/fish (coy) pond in
the center, but realize it's a fine line between formal and pretentious. I
have a Victorian house on 18 acres and am thinking of renting it out as a
vacation house, while my wife and I hunker down in something smaller for
retirement.
RO

Old 16-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Leroy Murphy

I often thought about a mechanically driven disk that would turn the car
around. Like a carnival ride only able to go 180 degrees. A cam lift and 180
rotation then down off the cam. this disk could have many cam followers
riding on a sub terranian rail a gear reduction based on the weight of the
potential vehicals.

I see with 18 acres there is liitle need for such a type of turn-around but
is is a cool idea for some.
Leroy

Old 17-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Steve W.

Been watching Batman huh.....

"Leroy Murphy" wrote in message
[...]

Another way (perhaps the best way) of telling whether an elm is UlmusThomasii or not [email protected] Plant Science 2 09-07-2008 07:48 AM
Craftsman front wheel drive mower won't drive. Pete E. Kruzer Gardening 1 23-05-2007 04:07 PM
May have damaged Maple tree during drive way construction Dante Gardening 3 06-12-2003 09:42 PM
FS: Mag drive 18 pump Mike Ponds 0 21-03-2003 03:32 AM
Drive Belt Tension on Honda Mower? Brian Feldmann Lawns 2 26-11-2002 04:02 AM