GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaf Problem - your suggestions needed. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/47354-leaf-problem-your-suggestions-needed.html)

Chas Hurst 14-12-2003 08:02 AM

Leaf Problem - your suggestions needed.

"Steveo" wrote in message
My Craftsman 17 hp 42 inch mower will blow the leaves right back into a
trailer with a high cap. No extra engine. I mow about an acre of leaves
in the fall and rarely use a rake. It's a Rube Goldberg contraption, but
it cost nothing to build as it was made from scraps.

Chas Hurst

Is it a mulching deck, Chas?

Apparently. If I block off the deck, the clippings are "mulched".
I use the bagger attachment to catch the clippings, it makes for a better
mow.