Old 21-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Greyhound

Default Crabgrass Tampa FL-what to do?

Greetings,
I live in the Tampa, FL area and have Crabgrass that grows very well. What
can I do to get rid of it? Seems like it spreads more and more each year. A
net search did not turn up much useable info for me. Also does weed and feed
do anything this time of year?
Thanks

Old 21-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Bugman

"Greyhound" wrote in message
s.com...
Greetings,
I live in the Tampa, FL area and have Crabgrass that grows very well. What
can I do to get rid of it? Seems like it spreads more and more each year.

net search did not turn up much useable info for me. Also does weed and

feed
do anything this time of year?
Thanks

Crabgrass can be eliminated through the application of a pre emergent that
is appropriately labeled. Apply it during the wet season and prior to
emergence. Times vary with geographical region, so contact your local
county extension agent for specifics.

---

Old 24-12-2003, 03:36 PM
dave

Hi. I'm in Sarasota. You need to get a pre-emergent herbicide put
down when the soil temps hit around 55 degrees. In our area that is
late Jan early Feb. The extension office and the University of Fla
have more info on their websites.

Merry Christmas

Dave G
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 15:40:46 GMT, "Greyhound"
wrote:

Greetings,
I live in the Tampa, FL area and have Crabgrass that grows very well. What
can I do to get rid of it? Seems like it spreads more and more each year. A
net search did not turn up much useable info for me. Also does weed and feed
do anything this time of year?
Thanks

Tampa FL crabgrass what to do? Grey-hound Lawns 1 11-04-2006 08:27 AM
Crabgrass-Tampa area-What to do? Grey-hound Lawns 1 09-04-2005 01:27 AM
FL USF (Tampa) Fall Plant Festival Raul Bloodworth Gardening 0 10-10-2003 06:22 PM
[IBC] Tampa Derek Zieminski Bonsai 3 13-05-2003 11:08 PM
Tampa tap water + phosphates TimmyBrisby Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:21 AM