Old 21-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Bryan & Brandi McCain

Default Which Lawn Tractor???

Hey everybody,

I have a choice to make: which lawn tractor to pick. I am looking at the
DYT 4000 (18.5 B&S Intek Plus/42" Deck). I can get this tractor for roughly
$1300 and I haven't been able to find anything that is comparable in this
price range. But, I have heard mixed reviews about the Craftsman (or
Crapsman as I have heard them referred to). I don't see the John Deere as
being a very good value (doesn't matter - I can't afford one anyway!!)So, it
is between these guys (various MTD manufactured makes/models, Craftsman,
etc) - what does everybody think? Thanks in advance for the help!!

Bryan

Old 21-02-2004, 02:19 AM
Larry

Bryan,
Here in the Puget Sound area I see used John Deere riders for sale several
times each season for very
reasonable prices.

Maybe look around your area for a used one? I'd look in the local
classified, little nickel (or other such papers), and www.CraigsList.com to
catch a
good deal.

Larry Wager