GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tulips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/61483-tulips.html)

Phil Jones 16-05-2004 10:13 PM

tulips

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let the
flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

Timothy 16-05-2004 11:26 PM

tulips

On Sun, 16 May 2004 16:11:58 -0500, Phil Jones wrote:

hey all,

I've got a tulip question... my first year with them. i bought them from a
store rather than grow from a bulb. I know its lame, but i'm learning.

i have a question hopefully you can help out with.... when the season is
done, do i snip of the flower head, trim it right down, or do i just let
the flower die by itself and it will take care of itself next season...?

thanks a lot in advance,
phil

I wait untill the follage has turned yellow and trim it to the ground. I
tend to plant some sort of annual in it's place to take up the space. In
the spring the tulip will be back.