GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Need a New Blower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/80211-need-new-blower.html)

Joe V 25-07-2004 10:03 PM

Need a New Blower

Well, my electric blower that is 12 years old is finally dying. Does anyone
have experience with gas ones or should I stay with electric? Any
recommendations?

Thanks!!

News Man 26-07-2004 01:02 AM

Need a New Blower

I bought a Ryobi 2 cycle gas blower 3 years ago and I would recommend it.
I use different attachements for edging and hedge trimming.

hlink.net...

evolutionman 2004 28-07-2004 01:02 PM

Need a New Blower

Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........

Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a
consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet) noise
level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight
and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.

Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should last
many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than
electric ones.

If you have a small area to maintain, then go with the electric one; large
area (+1 acre), go with a gas-powered model.
hlink.net...

Bill Freeman 30-07-2004 09:57 AM

Need a New Blower

Highly recommend Ryobi .. . but I understand MTD has bought up the
U.S. versions. Caveat emptor.

evolutionman 2004 wrote in message
k.net...
Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........

Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a
consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet)

noise
level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight
and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.

Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should

last
many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than
electric ones.

If you have a small area to maintain, then go with the electric one; large
area (+1 acre), go with a gas-powered model.
hlink.net...

Probably 10-08-2004 07:19 PM

Need a New Blower

Definitely gas.
For a handheld blower, I would recommend Stihl.
We have the Stihl BG 85 C, and love it
Here's a link:
http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/BG85C.html

hlink.net...