Old 25-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Joe V

Default Need a New Blower

Well, my electric blower that is 12 years old is finally dying. Does anyone
have experience with gas ones or should I stay with electric? Any
recommendations?

Thanks!!

Old 26-07-2004, 01:02 AM
News Man

I bought a Ryobi 2 cycle gas blower 3 years ago and I would recommend it.
I use different attachements for edging and hedge trimming.

hlink.net...

Old 28-07-2004, 01:02 PM
evolutionman 2004

Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........

Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a
consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet) noise
level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight
and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.

Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should last
many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than
electric ones.

If you have a small area to maintain, then go with the electric one; large
area (+1 acre), go with a gas-powered model.
hlink.net...

Old 30-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Bill Freeman

Highly recommend Ryobi .. . but I understand MTD has bought up the
U.S. versions. Caveat emptor.

evolutionman 2004 wrote in message
k.net...
Electric vs. gas-powered? Hmmmmm........

Electric blowers are great (except for the long cord) and they provide a
consistent air speed. They're great for the low (but not very quiet)

noise
level when operating and will last a long time. They're also light-weight
and easily handled when used properly, and are easy on the wallet.

Gas-powered blowers are (some) variable speed but very noisy and should

last
many years when properly maintained. They're usually priced more than
electric ones.

If you have a small area to maintain, then go with the electric one; large
area (+1 acre), go with a gas-powered model.
hlink.net...

Old 10-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Probably

Definitely gas.
For a handheld blower, I would recommend Stihl.
We have the Stihl BG 85 C, and love it
Here's a link:
http://www.stihlusa.com/blowers/BG85C.html

"Joe V" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Well, my electric blower that is 12 years old is finally dying. Does

anyone
have experience with gas ones or should I stay with electric? Any
recommendations?

Thanks!!

Replacing impeller in Craftsman Electric Leaf Blower/Vac Phil Pickett Gardening 7 17-11-2016 03:09 PM
Snow Blower Olushola Gardening 1 11-10-2003 02:12 AM
Poulan Pro Blower/Vac Shepherd Gardening 1 12-05-2003 02:32 AM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 06-12-2002 07:46 AM