GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Danged Moles! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/90541-danged-moles.html)

geezer 06-03-2005 02:03 PM

Danged Moles!

Can someone tell me how to get rid of moles? I tried the Scotts stuff
to kill the grubs that moles supposedly feed on a few weeks ago -
they still are going strong.

Thanks

Dandelion Acres 06-03-2005 04:25 PM

I buy or make smoke bombs. Easy and spendy to buy, easy and cheap and time
consuming to make. Drop it in the fresh hole and push the smoke with a
vacuum/blower, I have a DeWalt vac that is battery powered. Pushes the
poisonous smoke quite a ways, and makes for some strange looks from the
neighbors.

Rolling Thunder 07-03-2005 03:10 AM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:03:02 GMT, geezer wrote:

Can someone tell me how to get rid of moles? I tried the Scotts stuff
to kill the grubs that moles supposedly feed on a few weeks ago -
they still are going strong.

Thanks

What about those windmills advertised to drive moles away?

How big a tunnel does a mole make compared to a Vol?

Thunder

Steveo 07-03-2005 03:28 AM

geezer wrote:
Can someone tell me how to get rid of moles? I tried the Scotts stuff
to kill the grubs that moles supposedly feed on a few weeks ago -
they still are going strong.

Thanks

Traps are the most effective way to thin them out. They eat more earthworms
than grubs.