Old 29-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Brian Sheeres

Default Landscape idea wanted

I'm looking for ideas on how best to deal with the back of my yard.
Go to http://www.chesslink.net/back_yard.jpg to see a picture of what
I'm talking about.

The big problems are that it's a terrible edge to mow against, the
one corner (you can't see it in this picture) has sunken and weeds
grow up though the concrete too much.

I'm entertaining two ideas right now. Replace the concrete with a
properly built two tier Allan Block wall. The other idea is to place
all the concrete in the crux of the tier bring in fill create a slope,
plant some thick ground cover (not sure what) on it and install a lawn
edging curb where the slope beings and possibly a curb at the bottom of
the slope.

I should mention that access is limited. All materials would have to be
brought from the front of the property.

I'd like to do the project myself.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks

Old 29-05-2005, 09:11 PM
G Henslee

Brian Sheeres wrote:
[...]

Of the many, here's one idea... Railroad tie retaining wall with a
flower bed between it and the lawn, with plants that will trail over the
edge and down the wall. or for that matter leave the rock, create the
flowerbed and do the same thing with some plantings that cascade over
and down the rock
Old 29-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Winston Smith

I had great results building a retaining wall with the Keystone pinned
system. It survived some of the heaviest rains and flooding we've seen in
years last season. It looks great and it hasn't budged an inch. I don't
know much about planting grass but you can take my retaining walls to the
bank. Here's a link:

http://www.lockcretebauer.com/Product.htm

oups.com...