Old 29-06-2005, 07:21 PM
SVTKate

Default Feeding plants with herbs

I know this much
Once you have Yarrow, you will ALWAYS have Yarrow.

It is a beautiful fern like plant, lovely little blossoms and an intriguing
scent BUT
they spread and snails love to live in them.

To keep Yarrow in check, you can mow it in the fall and it will come back
up, but it WILL spread into your lawn and all around the flower bed.
Thick root system too. I think it would be great to prevent erosion.

Kate

"peter" wrote in message
u...
: Hi all,
:
: I'm curious to hear what herbs others have used for feeding thier gardens.
: I've found out heaps about Comfrey and it sounds real easy to grow,
harvest
: and use. It also reads as being a very valuable food source for plants,
: especially flowering plants.
: I have heard of nettles being used but have not found much with google
yet.
: I've heard that Yarrow is very helpful too, as an activator and maybe
: feeding too, still to finish that google.
: I would especially like to hear from anyone who has heard of Valerian as a
: useful herb in the garden. I have heard it is a very good companion
plant.
:
: So, just wondering what others have experienced or heard.
:
: Cheers and thanks
:
: Peter