GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/102006-grass-seed.html)

[email protected] 29-08-2005 01:11 PM

Grass seed

Maybe I've been sleeping, but did something happen to the price of
grass seed when I wasn't looking ? I've seem to recall that a 25lb bag
of KY-31 was around $18-$20. Yesterday, at one of the big box stores,
it was $33.

I've never had any better luck with the hybrids, such as Rebel, which
is why I just usually use the KY-31.

[email protected] 29-08-2005 05:08 PM

On 2005-08-29, wrote:
Maybe I've been sleeping, but did something happen to the price of
grass seed when I wasn't looking ? I've seem to recall that a 25lb bag
of KY-31 was around $18-$20. Yesterday, at one of the big box stores,
it was $33.

I've never had any better luck with the hybrids, such as Rebel, which
is why I just usually use the KY-31.

You may want to check with Agri-supply in Garner. They may be cheaper.

is a garbage address.

tomatolord 29-08-2005 09:09 PM

I only have ever use wolfpack or tarheel - they are both the same

However, they were specifically designed for the RDU area

Also a tip - READ the tag on the bag - it has the pack date on it some bags
are over a year old next to bags that are 1 month old.

Grass seed loses its potency after 1 year -

tomatolord
oups.com...