Old 17-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Doctoroe

Default small ferny low growing plant.. what is it?

Three years ago we planted North Carolina wildflower mix in a corner
of the yard. There is one small ferny green low grower that keeps
coming back year after year. It's really nice and I'd like to get more
if I knew what it was!
Anyone know this one: Three views:
http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m...=all&mid=39730

http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m...=all&mid=39731

http://www.farmphoto.com/homestead/m....asp?mid=39748

It's been doing quite well in a sunny location, and I'd like to get
more to plant around some taller flowers..
Thanks oh plant seers..
Old 18-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Baine Carruthers

It looks like yarrow. There are many varieties. It does not usually stay
that height. Did you get flowers last spring or summer?

--
Baine

om...

Old 18-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Doctoroe

Thanks Blaine. I do not believe we have had any flowers from it as yet.
I will watch it through the season and report back.
Thanks
Doc

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message m...
It looks like yarrow. There are many varieties. It does not usually stay
that height. Did you get flowers last spring or summer?

--
Baine

om...

Old 19-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Doctoroe

Blaine, I think you've done it again! What a plant guy! I compared a
bunch of photos on the web, and it sure looks like new yarrow to me. I
will watch it later in the season to see if it blooms and report back.
Thanks so much. (Would be nice if it would stay low growing as a
ground cover, ha.) Now I'll have to do some more yarrow research
online.
Thanks
Doc

"Baine Carruthers" wrote in message m...
It looks like yarrow. There are many varieties. It does not usually stay
that height. Did you get flowers last spring or summer?

--
Baine

om...