GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   small magnolia tree growing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/18898-small-magnolia-tree-growing.html)

Lewis Spurlin Jr 28-04-2003 03:32 PM

small magnolia tree growing

I have an old Magnolia tree and I noticed the other day there are a few new
trees growing underneath the branches close to the ground. Can I dig these
up and replant them in pots or maybe somewhere else in my yard without
hurting them?

[email protected] 29-04-2003 02:20 PM

In article ink.net, Lewis Spurlin Jr wrote:
I have an old Magnolia tree and I noticed the other day there are a few new
trees growing underneath the branches close to the ground. Can I dig these
up and replant them in pots or maybe somewhere else in my yard without
hurting them?

Probably so, but you would lose a certain percentage. I suggest waiting
until next winter for best survival rate.

--
Wes Dukes (wdukesNOatSPAMpoboxdotcom)