Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM
leo

Default tomato plants

What would cause my tomato plants not to have any blooms? They are
growing and look green and beautiful, but not a single bloom. It
doesn't look like deer are eating the blooms. Thanks
Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM

In article , leo wrote:
What would cause my tomato plants not to have any blooms? They are
growing and look green and beautiful, but not a single bloom. It
doesn't look like deer are eating the blooms. Thanks

Possibly too much nitrogen, rain, or cool weather. My guess is the
first based on comments of green and beautiful. My rule is to never add
nitrogen (other than at transplant time) until I see the first blooms.
Dito I don't mulch until I see a bloom.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.
Old 17-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Tomatolord

first make sure your plants are growing
second if the blossoms DO NOT pollinate they will simply drop off which
means that they are not pollinating.

you can pollinate yourself, just dip a small brush into each flower going
from flower to flower
they also sell a blossom set spray (although the plants will be hollow
without much meat)

tomatolord

bytw if it was deer they would eat the entire plant not jus the blossoms!
"Elliot Cramer" wrote in message
: In article , leo wrote:
: What would cause my tomato plants not to have any blooms? They are
: growing and look green and beautiful, but not a single bloom. It
: doesn't look like deer are eating the blooms. Thanks

mine just got blooms 10 days ago; I think it's the rain