GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   where to pick blackberries...slightly OT (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/36007-where-pick-blackberries-slightly-ot.html)

Heidi Stump 09-07-2003 03:08 PM

where to pick blackberries...slightly OT

Hi all,

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know a place in NC that you
can pick your own blackberries? I know a wonderful place in VA
(http://www.hilltopberrywine.com/), however I am looking for a farm
slightly closer to the Triangle.

Thanks!
Heidi

Raleighgirl 09-07-2003 04:42 PM

"Heidi Stump" wrote in message
| Hi all,
|
| This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know a place in NC
that you
| can pick your own blackberries? I know a wonderful place in VA
| (http://www.hilltopberrywine.com/), however I am looking for a
farm
| slightly closer to the Triangle.
|
| Thanks!
| Heidi

Hiya Heidi.
In NW Raleigh we have a wonderful resource for blackberries- Mr.
Stokes. His home is on the corner of Baileywick and Strickland,
near Ray and Strickland intersection. Not sure he lets everyone
pick their own but given that he has LOTS of canes full of
berries, I would assume this would be an option.
Jeny

Jennifer Richards 09-07-2003 11:35 PM

where to pick blackberries...slightly OT

"Heidi Stump" wrote in message
Hi all,

This is slightly off topic, but does anyone know a place in NC that you
can pick your own blackberries? I know a wonderful place in VA
(http://www.hilltopberrywine.com/), however I am looking for a farm
slightly closer to the Triangle.

Thanks!
Heidi

A pretty good web resource for finding pick your own farms, farmers markets,
and roadside stands can be found at:

http://www.ncfarmfresh.com/index.asp

-JR