GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cyclamen (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/40363-cyclamen.html)

Diane Wilson 14-08-2003 02:12 AM

cyclamen

Has anyone tried planting cyclamen around here? Do they tolerate
the clay very well? Does anything tend to eat them?

Diane

John Kohl 14-08-2003 04:09 PM

cyclamen

I presume you mean the hardy cyclamen that bloom in the fall? Mine
have done fine, but they are in amended soil, not clay. They have not
been affected by any insects, other animals, or diseases.

John Kohl

Diane Wilson 14-08-2003 05:12 PM

cyclamen

In article ,
says...
I presume you mean the hardy cyclamen that bloom in the fall? Mine
have done fine, but they are in amended soil, not clay. They have not
been affected by any insects, other animals, or diseases.

Thanks for the info!

Diane

Buffs Rich 15-08-2003 02:23 AM

cyclamen

well i hope you don't have chipmonks in your yard... i planted several a few
years ago and caught the damned animal red handed eating the bulb. good luck

dookie 15-08-2003 06:02 PM

cyclamen

i've got several that a previous owner planted. they're nowhere
special...under the azaleas, along a footpath in the woods, etc., and they
get no care whatsoever from me...only what nature provides. they appear to
be doing just fine, blooming every year and spreading (slooooowly).

$0.02,

dookie

.. .