GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   those old houses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/56008-those-old-houses.html)

Dot Proulx 22-03-2004 06:36 PM

those old houses

Do you have a URL for the Chatham County online listings?

"Steve Holzworth" wrote in message
In article uke.edu,
Arwen Long wrote:

This topic has come up a few times before -- I have been driving past a
house that looks abandoned but has a bit of a garden and want to
transplant some flowers. There isn't a construction sign or such: is

there
a city government office that could tell me who holds the deed to the
house? I think it must have been a foreclosure or bankruptcy or

something
since I the house hasn't been for sale...

Any ideas?

Arwen

Depends on where it is. If you know the address, both Wake and Chatham
counties have online property listings. I suspect Durham and Orange do
also. That should show the owner of record and said person's mailing
address for tax purposes.

I suspect that if a bank owns it via foreclosure, they will not be
inclined to let you on the property due to liability issues.

--
Steve Holzworth "Do not attribute to poor spelling
That which is actually poor typing..."

Steve Holzworth 23-03-2004 06:33 AM

those old houses

In article , Dot Proulx
wrote:

Do you have a URL for the Chatham County online listings?

http://maps.terraverge.com/chatham

Try the Search button, or just drill down on the map until you get to
the road/lot in question. You can then query ownership from there.

As noted, it only works with Internet Explorer - it won't even let you
try another browser.