GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Crap! Now it's cold again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/60515-crap-now-its-cold-again.html)

Kelly Garner 03-05-2004 10:06 PM

Crap! Now it's cold again

Augh, I spent all weekend working to plant the summer garden and it's going to get cold again at night
for the next few days. Aside from making my entire backyard into a greenhouse :) what suggestions do
people have for protecting the hot-weather seedlings in my garden now? Or should I not worry about it
under the principle of what doesn't kill it... etc.

Thanks,

Cheers
KJ
--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and

Kira Dirlik 03-05-2004 11:08 PM

Crap! Now it's cold again

On Mon, 3 May 2004 13:25:32 +0000 (UTC),
(Kelly Garner) wrote:

Augh, I spent all weekend working to plant the summer garden and it's going to get cold again at night
for the next few days. Aside from making my entire backyard into a greenhouse :) what suggestions do
people have for protecting the hot-weather seedlings in my garden now? Or should I not worry about it
under the principle of what doesn't kill it... etc.

It isn't supposed to get below freezing, so not to worry. The plants
just seem to know when to hunker down, and they'll be happy and
growing as ever when the sun comes back.
Kira