GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Thrips & tomatoes pt II (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/64464-thrips-tomatoes-pt-ii.html)

Kelly Garner 14-06-2004 01:04 AM

Thrips & tomatoes pt II

Here are pictures of the tomatoes with the leaf curl. I know, diagnosis would be
definite if I brought it someplace - but, much like a car repair, it'd be nice to
know a little "up front". :)

http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/temp/tomato/

Thanks
Cheers
KJ
--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and

[email protected] 14-06-2004 01:04 AM

Thrips & tomatoes pt II

Hi Kelly - my tomato plants look very similar - however it was primarily the NEW
Growth that started to grow indicating infection via the thrips- well I sprayed with
a recommended "ALL SEASONS SPRAY OIL" and now the suspectedly infected growth is
turning blackish in color...I guess it's back to Homewood Nursery again ...or I might
just find some "patio" plant tomatoes and stick them in the ground in place of a few
of these suckers!
Good luck!
Jean

Kelly Garner 14-06-2004 02:06 AM

Thrips & tomatoes pt II

In article ,
wrote:
Hi Kelly - my tomato plants look very similar - however it was primarily the NEW
Growth that started to grow indicating infection via the thrips- well I sprayed with
a recommended "ALL SEASONS SPRAY OIL" and now the suspectedly infected growth is

That's what threw me off here - of course, if I take the plants out, I probably
shouldn't plant more tomatoes in the same spot. :( They are setting fruit but growth
is pretty stunted.

Cheers
KJ

--