Old 14-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Kelly Garner

Default Thrips & tomatoes pt II

Here are pictures of the tomatoes with the leaf curl. I know, diagnosis would be
definite if I brought it someplace - but, much like a car repair, it'd be nice to
know a little "up front".

http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/temp/tomato/

Thanks
Cheers
KJ
--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and
Old 14-06-2004, 01:04 AM

Hi Kelly - my tomato plants look very similar - however it was primarily the NEW
Growth that started to grow indicating infection via the thrips- well I sprayed with
a recommended "ALL SEASONS SPRAY OIL" and now the suspectedly infected growth is
turning blackish in color...I guess it's back to Homewood Nursery again ...or I might
just find some "patio" plant tomatoes and stick them in the ground in place of a few
of these suckers!
Good luck!
Jean

Old 14-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Kelly Garner

In article ,
wrote:
Hi Kelly - my tomato plants look very similar - however it was primarily the NEW
Growth that started to grow indicating infection via the thrips- well I sprayed with
a recommended "ALL SEASONS SPRAY OIL" and now the suspectedly infected growth is

That's what threw me off here - of course, if I take the plants out, I probably
shouldn't plant more tomatoes in the same spot. They are setting fruit but growth
is pretty stunted.

Cheers
KJ

--
---
"We're all given a ticket to the American freak show the day we're born and
some people, they put their ticket away. Me, I watch the show." - George Carlin
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly @ unc.edu

yellow sticky strips for thrips? Bette Noir Gardening 0 15-01-2004 10:02 AM
yellow sticky strips for thrips? animaux Gardening 4 15-01-2004 05:02 AM
Banned Herbicides &&&& Pesticides Christopher Norton United Kingdom 1 26-08-2003 07:42 AM
Controlling Thrips bk Orchids 5 14-05-2003 06:08 PM
Getting Rid of Thrips Shiva Roses 8 08-04-2003 02:32 PM