GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weed id please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/82348-weed-id-please.html)

Raleighgirl 24-08-2004 04:52 PM

weed id please

I have a very troubling weed. It is flat to the ground with
round leaves and grows on thread-like stems. It spreads like
wild fire, even choking out (*&)*&() stilt grass! It seems to
eat weed and feed like fertilizer. HELP!
Thanks,
Raleighgirl

Kathie 05-09-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raleighgirl
I have a very troubling weed. It is flat to the ground with
round leaves and grows on thread-like stems. It spreads like
wild fire, even choking out (*&)*&() stilt grass! It seems to
eat weed and feed like fertilizer. HELP!
Thanks,
Raleighgirl

I believe that what you are talking about is ground ivy. Roundup is the only effective cure, but, of course, is a contact herbicide and will kill anything it touches. The "advantage", if there is one, of the way ground ivy grows is that weed killer applied to one end of a long tendril will be taken into the root system of the whole plant!

Raleighgirl 05-09-2004 07:46 PM

O THAT'S IT! Thank you so much.